Monday, September 14, 2009

Robotics Poster Board Project

I spent all of my Sunday helping my nephew build a poster board for his Robotics team to enter into a school contest. Let me tell you I was proud of him when we were finished. I love to see creativity flow out of children and at his age I'm glad that he is so involved in his school activities.



His team's name is RAWC check out the link it will take you to their web site for robotics where you can learn about the robots they build.




My nephew spent all day with me yesterday working on this project. We finally finished at 10:30 last night. We started by taking the team colors and making a background. Then he used the paint program on the computer to make a logo. Next he printed out photos. Then used word to create headings and summaries for each picture. We cut out construction paper to make backgrounds for the photos. He listed all of the team officers and sponsors for the team. Finally we got to work arranging where everything would be placed on the board and then glued it down. For the corner photos we cut out poster board squares to add support then used Velcro to attach them to the main tri fold poster board.


At the end of the night we took pictures. We used last years board to compare the differences. All I can say is WOW he did a great job in design and layout.



My nephew started on his robotics team last year as a freshman and has already taken the position as driver for the competitions. He was also elected Vice President of the team. I think that it is wonderful that his high school offers robotics to their students.



His goal is to become a mechanical engineer and I will do anything I can to help him succeed. He hopes that he can win scholar ships for collage. He is a bright child and I believe he will accomplish that goal.



Remember that our children are our future. Please try to find time to get involved with the things that interest them. It will make a large impact in their life.

2 comments:

x said...

Aww that is so sweet!!

Unknown said...

Sara,
I love the pudy pals! They are the so precious! I may need to get one from you custom will let you know! Thanks so much for them!!! I love the little lion for Annabelle! The Bird for Aidan is absolutly adorable too!