Friday, August 28, 2009

Final Fantasy blanket

Last night my mother in-law and I made a Final Fantasy baby blanket. It came out great. I've been a little hesitant about quilting. I shouldn't doubt my self when it comes to crafting. It really wasn't hard at all.


Last week we bought this nifty little machine made by Simplicity. It's a rotary cutting machine. It saves so much time when making a quilt. I love it. next I am going to buy the bias tape machine.

Anyway This blanket featured in the picture above was made in one night. I got all my supplies at Joann Craft Store. I even bought this neat fabric paper that you can run through your printer. It will print anything you want onto a piece of fabric. Then you just cut it out and iron it to a fusible backing and sew it like a patch.



We Spent last night cutting the squares and bias. then just sewed, ironed, pinned and sewed some more. Then voila. It was done. I think my husbands friend is going to love it. They have had a thing about playing Final Fantasy video games since they were children. Now We can give them a custom baby gift that you can't buy in the store.

I definitely plain on making more custom photo quilts in all different sizes and styles. So if you like what you see in the picture than you can check out my etsy store to see if there is anything you like or to place a special order. Or become a follower on my blog and leave me a comment and a way to contact you. I will be happy to help anyone who has any questions about what I have written about.

No comments: