Thursday, August 13, 2009

What to do with crochet blankets

I have a passion for crafts. One of my favorite past time activities is to crochet. Last year alone I made 23 crochet blankets. They came in various sizes and colors. I've spent countless late night hours on the couch watching t.v. Yes. I'll admit it, I'm a big couch potato. Yet while I sat there letting my mind wounder, my fingers stayed busy working on my latest crochet project. I believe that I have mastered the v-stitch and half Shell stitch. I can now make a full size blanket in 3 days. (Not bad for a late night couch potato). I even pick up my hook and start to work while I teach my kids their daily home school lessons.

One of the reasons I craft is because it gives me a sense of accomplishment. I take pride in the things that I have made with my own two hands.

I'm not sure if any of you are like me but once I finish my project I can't wait to show it off to any one who will give me 2 seconds of their time. Now I have the problem of what to do with them once I've finished my blankets. My poor house is bursting at the seems from all my various craft projects. My soulution.....humm....give them as gifts. Unfortunately my friends and family now have all the blankets they can stand. So this started the wheels in my head turning.

My goal of this blog is to connect with people who share the same interest and enthusiasm for crafts as I do. In my future blogs I will be posting about how to make crafts, places to link to so you can find free and fun crafts for the whole family and ways to sell your crafts. I am a stay at home mom who is looking for a way to make a few dollars for the things that I have made. But more important than making money I really want to share my ideas with people and find out what they think of them. So if you have heard of any new fun projects that I can make or get my family involved in making let me know. You can subscribe to my blog, join as a follower and comment your ideas.

No comments: